Tuesday 18 September 2012

Going digital

Am positively smitten with my new Nikon D90 DSLR camera that I got for my birthday this summer :). As you can probably imagine, I've been greatly occupied in tinkering around with it. I was anxious that in going digital, my images would lose many of the visual qualities I had grown to love when using film. However, there are a few ways one can overcome this and digital certainly has perks of its own!  Below are the first of many more experiments to come!



4 comments:

  1. Great! I love the Echinicea. Were these taken in the garden? You know, if there had been a solar eclipse while you took the second photo, the spheres of light coming through the leaves might have looked like crescents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Oo, so that's what they're called! Yes the first image was taken in the garden at home. The other two were at some other garden... forget the name of the place now... where Jane Austen's brother used to live I think. Crescents ey? That would've been cool :)

      Delete
  2. These photos are just amazing. You must be sooooo excited :)))
    Mecki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) it's hard judging what makes an image successful sometimes, but there's no question that the camera is teaching me things the Olympus couldn't.

      Delete